Twin Lakes State Park Professional Guide
Detailed Trail Description from our Guidebook
"Located near Farmville in a shady area of mature hardwoods, Twin Lakes State Park is named for Goodwin Lake and Prince Edward Lake. The two lakes were in separate racially segregated parks that began operations in 1939 and continued in this fashion until the Civil Rights Act passed in 1964. The two integrated parks then operated separately until merging into one 425-acre park in 1976. The name was changed to Twin Lakes State Park in 1986.
The park’s main road and the 0.25-mile Between the Lakes Trail connect the two. Facilities at Goodwin Lake are available for individual camping, picnicking, and swimming. The eastern shore of Prince Edward Lake, meanwhile, features a lodge and cabins at the Cedar Crest Conference Center. The conference center is available by reservation only, with cabin rentals possible when not previously booked by groups."