Mancos Mesa WSA Trails

Blanding, Utah 84511

Mancos Mesa WSA Trails

Mancos Mesa WSA Trails Professional Guide

Detailed Trail Description from our Guidebook

"Mineral exploration heavily impacts about 10% of Mancos Mesa, but the remaining 90% is natural and offers both solitude and primitive recreational opportunities. No signs, no trails, no campgrounds. You will need the 1:24,000 topos listed in the maps section of this chapter to find roads, water sources, and routes into the canyons.

This remote area is 50 miles west of the small town of Blanding and lies north of UT 276, the border of the Red House Cliffs. To approach from the other direction, drivers have to take the ferry across Lake Powell at Halls Crossing. Mancos Mesa is an enormous block of slickrock mesa surrounded by steep cliffs."

Mancos Mesa WSA Trails Trip Reports

With no trip reports, your opinion of this trail could be huge! Help other outdoor enthusiasts today.

Mancos Mesa WSA Trails Photos

Show off your photography skills ... post your pics of this trail!

Trail Information

Nearby City
Several options
Trail Type
Easy to Difficult
Skill Level
Best Spring through Fall
4,800 feet
Trailhead Elevation
6,100 feet
Top Elevation
Bureau of Land Management, San Juan Resource Area
Local Contacts
USGS Navajo Mountain, Knowles Canyon, Mancos Mesa NE, Mancos Mesa, Chocolate Drop, Halls Crossing NE
Local Maps

Trail Log