Columbia-Tusculum: San Francisco on the Ohio Professional Review and Guide
"Located about 4.5 miles east of downtown, along Columbia Parkway, rests the oldest neighborhood in Cincinnati, Columbia-Tusculum. Founded as Columbia near the Little Miami River in 1788, it was established just one month prior to Cincinnati.
Many of the early settlers are buried in the former Columbia Baptist Cemetery, founded in 1790, which is now Pioneer Memorial Cemetery. Cincinnati annexed the area in 1873. The community owes its compound name, Columbia-Tusculum, to the subdivision of Nicholas Longworth’s property in Columbia in 1866. His heirs created a large subdivision on the steepest part of the hillside and called it Mount Tusculum, for people seeking a rural setting with quick access to downtown."