Macomb Reservation State Park Professional Review and Guide
"In 1939, the area that now includes Macomb Reservation State Park was transferred from the Department of Agriculture to the War Department for the purposes of creating a military reservation. That same year, 50,000 soldiers conducted war games here, umpired by some 500 officers. Since 1957, the 700-acre park (which is surrounded by many more acres of state land) has been open to the public for camping, with most recreational activity concentrating around man-made Davis Pond. Shady tent and trailer sites are well dispersed along this narrow body of water, with those at the end of the park road offering the most quiet and privacy. Close to half of the sites are on the water, while five relatively new restrooms (three with showers) complete with mirrors, soap dispensers, hand dryers, outlets, and changing stations mean short midnight walks to the bathroom."