Eighth Lake Professional Guide
Detailed Trail Description from our Guidebook
"Eighth Lake campground opened to the public in 1935 after the Civilian Conservation Corps developed this site on the Fulton Chain Lakes and improved the surrounding canoe routes and hiking trails. Powerboats, canoes, and kayaks are all permitted on the water, and a small, lifeguarded swimming beach at the southern end of the lake attracts children and families. The sites clustered closest to the two picnic areas and the entrance on Route 28 tend to have less of a buffer between them than those deeper inside the campground; a handful face Eighth Lake itself or, to the south, Seventh Lake. Most plots are medium to large in size with at least partial shade. Nine restrooms with hand soap and mirrors but no outlets or hand dryers are spread along the main park road. The lone bathhouse has five shower stalls to a side. To learn more about the history of the region and its native species, plan to visit the Adirondack Museum in nearby Blue Mountain Lake."