Los Poblanos: Wine Country Professional Review and Guide
"Recurring floods in the late 1800s and early 1900s destroyed most of the early settlements in the North Valley, making it difficult to determine the locations of the original plazas. Agriculture and other developments returned in the 1920s when the Middle Rio Grande Conservancy District was formed to mitigate flooding with a vast system of levees, ditches, laterals, drains, and canals.
The name “Los Poblanos” later resurfaced in the 1930s in reference to a ranching estate owned by former U.S. Representative Albert G. Simms. Since then the name has been readily applied to everything in the vicinity, including a National Historic District. True to history, it’s once again a wealthy settlement on the south end of Los Ranchos; or to put it in modern terms, it’s an upscale subdivision in The Village of Los Ranchos de Albuquerque, an incorporated municipality since 1958."