Jones Bridge Unit Trails Professional Guide
Detailed Trail Description from our Guidebook
"After settling on this land in 1819, James Martin ran a ferry across the Chattahoochee River for many years. His descendants, the Jones family, operated the ferry until it was replaced by the steel bridge in 1904. By the 1930s, the structure had deteriorated to a point where it was declared unsafe and abandoned. The remaining metal span of the bridge collapsed into the river in January 2018.
Today, this unit of the Chattahoochee River National Recreation Area offers more than 7 miles of trails along floodplains and across ridges of upland mixed forest. Within the park is the Chattahoochee River Environmental Education Center (CREEC), a converted residence used for outdoor educational classes."