DirectionsTrail GuideTopo MapReviewsPhotosGPS
Ten Mile Beach Professional Review and Guide
"Duncan MacKerricher and his wife, Jessie, came to the north coast from Canada in 1864, subsequently purchasing 1,000 acres for a spread he named Rancho de la Laguna. His descendants sold the ranch to the State of California in 1949. Replacing a rail line, the Haul Road was built in 1949 to transport logs from the Ten Mile River Watershed to the Union Lumber Company mill in Fort Bragg. Modern recreationists used the old road until sections were destroyed by recurring Pacific storms."
--Mike White, Top Trails Northern California’s Redwood Coast (Wilderness Press).
Sign in/up to upload photos.