DirectionsTrail GuideTopo MapReviewsPhotosGPS
Historic Oat Hill Mine Road to Holm’s Place Professional Review and Guide
"The Historic Oat Hill Mine Road is an old mining road between the town of Calistoga and Pope Valley. This hiking-biking section of the trail is the reverse of the Hike 14 shuttle, for those who wish to walk only this end of the trail up to Holm’s Place. The remote county-built road, completed in 1893, was used by freight wagons hauling quicksilver from the mines to the railroad in Calistoga. Grooves in the rockbed from the wagon wheels are still visible. The rocky, rutted road (closed in 1979) rigorously climbs from 400 feet to 2,300 feet."
--Robert Stone, Day Hikes Around Napa Valley (Day Hike Books).
Sign in/up to upload photos.