The Falls River, a tributary of the Henry’s Fork, and Robinson Creek, part of the Warm River drainage, drain the southwest corner of Yellowstone National Park. This section of the park is often referred to as “Cascade Corner” due to the numerous waterfalls that drop off the plateau toward the Snake River Plain of southeastern Idaho.
The Falls River officially received its name from the Hayden survey in 1872, but it actually had been pegged by trapper Osborne Russell much earlier. His 1838 journal notes it as the “falling fork.” Army scouts were using the name Robinson Creek by 1898, apparently naming the stream for an Idaho rustler shot in the vicinity in 1887. This eTrail contains information on Robinson Creek and Horseshoe Lake.
© Richard Parks/Falcon Guides. All Rights Reserved.