by Kevin J. Carnahan (Falcon Guides)
Outdoor Escapes Washington, D.C. is your one-stop resource for information on the best outdoor adventures in the District of Columbia, northern Virginia, and Maryland. From hiking and mountain biking to ice-skating and paragliding, this guide points you to dozens of outdoor sports and activities all within easy driving distance of the capital.
Inside you’ll find:
• An introduction to the multiuse trails in the local area
• Maps of the National Mall, trail areas, and directions
• Listings of outdoor cultural activities and attractions
• Ideas for family-friendly outdoor fun, from jousting tournaments to canal boat rides
• A year-round calendar of outdoor events, including Frisbee festivals and marathons
• Trail contacts, clubs and associations, schools and guides, and much more
With Outdoor Escapes Washington, D.C. as a guide, residents and travelers alike can explore the many and varied opportunities for outdoor recreation that the city and its environs have to offer.
© Kevin J Carnahan/Falcon Guides. All Rights Reserved.