Chutes Provincial Park Trails Professional Guide
Detailed Trail Description from our Guidebook
"The Ontario government decided to set aside 109ha (269 acres) of land to protect the rapids, waterfalls, wetlands, flood plain and terraces of the Aux Sables River in 1970. The river had been used as a logging waterway from the late 1800s until 1929. Remnants of the log chute still appear near the waterfalls.
Today, hikers can follow a circuit around the waterfalls to the mouth of the river and then over a bridge and back up towards a sandy beach and day-use area. Look for the builder’s mark: "J. Rivers, Stonecutter, 1883" on the bridge."