Two Rivers Wildlife Park Professional Guide
Detailed Trail Description from our Guidebook
"The grounds of Two Rivers Wildlife Park have a recorded history nearly three hundred years old, although the Mi’kmaq are known to have used the area much earlier. Settled in the early eighteenth century, the ridge saw a series of French farms and the location of a sawmill, all of which were burned after the capture of Louisbourg in 1758. Resettled by Caleb Huntington almost fifty years later, his family farmed the area for more than 150 years until the Province of Nova Scotia acquired it in 1971 and established the park. A not-for-profit association presently operates Two Rivers and began administering the facility in 1995."