"Situated on the other side of North Mountain from the county seat at Annapolis Royal, exposed to the harsher weather of the Bay of Fundy, and located on infertile basalt rock, Delaps Cove was typical of the poor areas granted to Black Loyalist immigrants. The 1871 census listed 70 inhabitants, with all the families but one being black.
Some managed to become fairly prosperous; James Francis owned 125 acres of land, 12 sheep, 2 oxen, a house, a barn, and a boat. The majority was not so fortunate. Just one house remains occupied today, and only the rock walls, apple trees, and foundations remain of this former community. The Municipality of Annapolis County opened this trail in 1985. There is much to see on this walk: the remains of the former settlement, a waterfall, interesting plant life, and the Bay of Fundy itself."